[time-nuts] How if FTS4060 is New?

Bill Janssen billj at ieee.org
Mon Aug 2 03:05:41 UTC 2004

Brooke Clarke wrote:

> Hi:
>
> Is there an elapsed time counter in the FTS4060 so you can determine
> the hours on the physics package?
> Lacking that is there a way to use one of the meter indications to
> determine how the physics package is doing?
>
> Have Fun,
>
> Brooke Clarke, N6GCE

I hesitate to try to answer this question but will try. This is from
memory and a factory visit
where I didn't pay much attention to the end-of-life indications.

I don't remember any status indications that would tell the state of the
Cesium supply. As I remember
there is a reservoir of Cesium that is depleted over the operating life.
I can't imagine any way to
tell if the reservoir is full or nearly empty.

So my answer is, I don't know but I doubt it. I hope someone on this
list will have a definite answer.

Bill K7NOM