[time-nuts] HP 5370B manual discrepancies

John Miles jmiles at pop.net
Mon Dec 13 08:01:26 UTC 2004

Hi, folks --

I thought this would be a good place to see if anyone had a more up-to-date
manual for the 5370B counter than mine.  I have a 2410-series 5370B with a
2316-series manual plus the change notes needed to bring it up to the 2410
level.  However, there still appear to be some differences in the input
amplifier (A3) subassembly that aren't accounted for in the change notes.

For instance, R56 and R57 near the input x10 attenuator switch appear to be
330K in my counter, not 50 ohms as they are shown in the schematic.

Does anyone have a 5370B manual that was printed after mine?  I just did
some troubleshooting on the input signal-conditioning circuitry on mine
that, while ultimately successful, would have gone a lot smoother if my
manual actually reflected the circuit I was working on.  I'd be extremely
grateful if someone with a genuine 2410 or later manual could take a scan of
that input amplifier schematic.  I'd like to update my own manual with it.

I also have a 2610-series 5370B (parts unit), and its input amp board shows
some significant differences versus the 2410 counter.  So a manual that's
too far advanced beyond 2410 would probably not be that helpful (but still
interesting to compare).

Thanks es 73! -- john KE5FX