[time-nuts] Re: Rb settling time after C-field adjust?

Tom Van Baak tvb at leapsecond.com
Fri Nov 12 20:24:32 UTC 2004

Also there are two versions of 5061A; early ones
had a coarse C-field adjustment and starting with
series 1220A HP added two 66.2k resistors on
either side of the 5k C-field pot to make it 5e-14
per minor division. Presumably, then, the earlier
versions had an unspecified resolution of about
1.4e-12 per minor division and a 27x wider range.

Note the manuals for those older units talk more
about setting a correct C-field using the Zeeman
frequency than using the C-field pot as some sort
of calibrated "dial-a-Hz" feature.

/tvb