[time-nuts] General Purpose Instrument Troubles

Daun Yeagley daun at yeagley.net
Fri Nov 26 20:27:38 UTC 2004

I see that Brooke has said a lot of what I said, plus a few more tidbits, all of
which are quite valid.
I do have one question about the bus analyzer in the NI cards.  Many of them
have the analyzer function built in, however they sometimes are limited to
specific OS's.  For example, I have the NI GPIB+ PCMCIA card.  The "+" indicates
that it has the analyzer function built in.  The only problem is the analyzer
program they supply is only supported through WIN 98.  I cannot use it with
either NT nor Win 2K. (I presume XP is similar).  Perhaps I should check NI's
web site, as they may have now added support for it (that would be a *very* good
thing!).  I had been told by NI that there was a problem with NT and 2K in
directly accessing the hardware, al la printers.  Brooke, if they do have a new
version, let me know, as I would find it most useful!

Daun Yeagley
(former HP/Agilent Microwave SE, now "retired")