[time-nuts] RE: HP-85 [was: General Purpose Instrument Troubles]

Bill Janssen billj at ieee.org
Sat Nov 27 16:06:13 UTC 2004

Flemming Larsen wrote:

>Back in the 1980s, I spent way too many hours
>writing programs in HP-Basic for data acquisision
>and analysis, more than I care to remember.
>
>I still have an HP-85, which still works except
>for the tape drive, which is in need of a new
>capstan pinch-roller.
>
>Anyone know where to get replacement parts for
>this machine?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Flemming Larsen, KB6ADS, Berkeley, CA, USA

I think there is a HP with tape drive in the scrap yard I frequent. Next
time
I am out there (waiting on better weather) I will look.

Otherwise there is a person who rebuilds phono idler wheels who post
regularly
on rec.antiques.radio+phono. You could try him for a rebuild.

Cheers
Bill K7NOM (near Sacramento)