[time-nuts] Re:FTS 5030 cesium frequency standard

Dave Carlson dgcarlson at sprynet.com
Mon Nov 29 06:16:18 UTC 2004

Hubert,

You may have more difficulty in getting the microwave properly injected into
the FTS tube. That is to say, the 5061 harmonic generator is specifically
designed to match the cavity length  and temperature coefficient of the 5061
CBT and rarely works well with others. Usually the result is a measurable
amount of frequency offset.

If you are able to use the FTS harmonic generator and match the 5061A
microwave circuitry then the oven temperature should be a breeze.

The 5061A oven controller also provides the Hot Wire Ionizer current and the
Mass Spectrometer voltage in addition to the oven temperature. Do you plan
to not use the 5061A oven controller at all?

Dave