[time-nuts] Strange oscillations

Bill Hawkins bill at iaxs.net
Sat Sep 4 23:07:03 UTC 2004

So it looks like Alberto has a hysterical crystal in a nice,
small package. The crystal easily meets the 10E-10 specification.

Too bad, I was going to suggest gravity waves and ask if the
magnitude of the oscillation changed with orientation of the
unit's case. But I'm not an astrophysicist so I don't know
the expected magnitude of the effect.

The specs on the reference voltage are not that tight. Would
the voltage reference junction have a tighter tempco than the
crystal? One would think so.

Anybody know the stability of the VP Oncore GPS?

Does a phase-locked loop have hysteresis from some digital
effect? Again, that seems unlikely.

Alberto, what's your weather been like? Clear, windy, cloudy?

Regards,
Bill Hawkins