[time-nuts] 5061 Cs frequency shift with long time constant?

Bill Hawkins bill at iaxs.net
Wed Apr 6 20:28:21 UTC 2005

Perhaps there is nothing wrong with the integrator. The control
voltage is brought out to a jack. Granted you have nothing that
can measure volts to 10E-12 or 13, but do you see a change in
voltage when you switch from 100 seconds to 1 second time constant?
You should wait ten time constants or more after switching. Wait,
that's just a rule of thumb. How many time constants do you have
to wait to get a time constant delta below 10E-13? My Burrington's
tables don't go to that accuracy.

Perhaps the 1 second time constant is required for tight control.

Bill Hawkins