[time-nuts] Difference between HP 5370A and 5370B

jim_johnson at agilent.com jim_johnson at agilent.com
Thu Apr 14 23:29:04 UTC 2005

Hi David,

   I will check with another guy tomorrow (the last
surviving technician), but one person "in the know"
has this to say:

What I remember is the input amplifiers are very different.
As a result, some of the boards and pots and switches associated
with it are different.
I don't remember any significant differences beside that.
My recommendation for someone buying one through eBay is, whereas
it is hard to get replacement parts for both, getting parts for
A is much harder.
Try talking to (xxxxxxx) who is the last surviving technician
familiar with the product.

   If I find out any more details, I'll post them.  There
are a lot of sharp experimenters out there who may know
the answer and will get it to you before I do.

Regards,
Jim Johnson
Agilent Laboratories
Palo Alto, CA