[time-nuts] Manuals for HP 5370B time interval counter.

Dr. David Kirkby drkirkby at medphys.ucl.ac.uk
Wed Apr 20 11:22:39 UTC 2005

John Ackermann N8UR wrote:
> Dr. David Kirkby wrote:
>
>> Can anyone tell me anything about the differences between the manuals
>> for the above. Does the service manual include all the user
>> information, and therefore make it a waste of money to buy both?
>>
>> I have on order a HP 5370B and are tring to determine the most
>> suitable manual(s) to get. I know the S/N of the instrument is
>> 2904A02491, although I do not have it yet.
>>
>> http://www.manualsplus.com/mpstore/find.asp?
>>
>> lists manuals with the part numbers  05370-90020,  05370-90023,
>> 05370-90030 and  05370-90031 for the HP 5370B.

> ManualsPlus is usually pretty good on providing that kind of info -- I
> wrote to them about the version of the 5061A manual that they are
> selling (reproduction) and they told me the print date, applicable
> series, and all the series change sheets it included.
>
> So, just give 'em a day or two.
>
> John

Thanks John,

ManualsPlus have got back, and said they have the manuals, but there are
no change sheets that cover up to the serial number of the unit I have
(2904A02491). I will buy the manual from them, although I've asked them
to clarify if I need 05370-90020 or  05370-90031, both of which seem to
be combined operature/service manauls, but I'm not sure of the
difference between them.

If anyone has a change sheet that goes up to my serial number
(2904A02491) I would apprecaite it. Or you know the difference between
manuals 05370-90020 and 05370-90031, please let me know.

--
Dr. David Kirkby PhD CEng MIEE,
Senior Research Fellow,