[time-nuts] 2100f lcd display

george george_margetts at nss.net
Wed Apr 20 17:45:32 UTC 2005

I just aquired my first Austron 2100F loran frequency monitor via ebay.
I'm having trouble reading the display.  There is leakage to other
segments of the display that should normaly be off.

To be most specific when I enter 8888 from the key pad the other blank
digits start activating slightly when I enter 88888 all other digits are
90% activated.
 The more segments of the displayed that are active creates more bleed
over into the unactive segments at a very consistant amount.

I've believe the problem is in the lcd display itself as I've
substituted a different cpu/mpu out of my 2100R and the lcd problem
still exists.

Has anyone noticed even the slightesd leakage into the other segments
of  there 2100F's lcd display?

I believe the ground return pins of the lcd display module itself has
high resistance or is opening up completely allowing backfeeding from
other segments.