[time-nuts] Cesium DOES Drift, not

wa1zms at att.net wa1zms at att.net
Thu Apr 21 01:45:22 UTC 2005

At the risk of misleading Brooke down the wrong path....

For what it's worth, my copy of the HP-5060 manual talks about
using the LF coil to test for a possibly magnetized cesium tube.
The injected audio test signal is swept from 50Hz to 5kHz. Any
sharp peaking in beam current above 2500Hz indicates possible
magnetization.

I have no knowledge if the FTS tubes have an LF coil.

-Brian, WA1ZMS