[time-nuts] My Drifting Cesium Plot

David Kirkby david.kirkby at onetel.net
Sun Apr 24 14:07:40 UTC 2005

John Ackermann N8UR wrote:
> Brooke Clarke wrote:
>

>> PS I've attached the pdf plot to see of the listserver will allow it
>>
> The listserver is currently set to accept attachments up to 128k in
> size, and it blocks executable filenames (e.g., .com, .exe, .bat, .pif).
>
> I can increase the allowable size if folks want; 128k seemed like a
> reasonable starting point, but it's sure not cast in stone.   We
> currently have 89 subscribers on the list, so from a system load
> perspective I don't want to start blasting 89 copies of a 5MB file, but
> we can certainly compromise somewhere in the middle if the 128k limit is
> too small.
>
> Also, for anyone who doesn't have webspace available, I can offer to
> host large files so group members can download them on demand.
>
> John

Can one chose as an option on the list's configuration not to download
attachments? That might be useful if you go much over 256k or so, since
if there are a lot of files being passed around, someone with limited
bandwidth might have problems.

Someone kindly sent me a group of files (40MB zipped) related to the HP
5370B using

http://www.yousendit.com

where you can send upto a 1GB file to an individual, or a group of
individuals. The file is uploaded on their site and they send a link to
the intended receivers of the file with a URL for a download. Useful,
but not as an achieve, as the files are deleted after 1 week.

--
Dr. David Kirkby,
G8WRB

Please check out http://www.g8wrb.org/