[time-nuts] National Instruments GPIB board drivers for Solaris.

Rex rexa at sonic.net
Wed Apr 27 06:09:04 UTC 2005

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 23:42:47 +0100, David Kirkby
<david.kirkby at onetel.net> wrote:

>Are there any freely available GPIB board drivers for Solaris using a
>National Instruments PCI based GPIB board?
>
>They are on the National Instruments web site
>
>http://digital.ni.com/softlib.nsf/websearch/7DF09987E09E372F86256DD500004715?opendocument&node=132060_US
>
>but are not free - in fact, the drivers at £395 (nearly $800) are
>slightly more expensive than the card itself!!
>
>It seems I would need part# 778027-01.
>
>Just wondering if anyone is aware of any other solutions? I only want
>this for home use, so are not going to spend that sort of money on drivers.
>
>I'm running Solaris 9 here on a Sun ultra 80.

I don't know anything about Solaris, but I wonder if this one will work?

http://digital.ni.com/softlib.nsf/websearch/1522E675109CB1BE86256FB60059BF05?opendocument&node=132070_US

It mentions Solaris in the title, but then refers to only certain Linux
distributions in the description.