[time-nuts] HP CBT Cutaway?

Jim Miller timenuts at jcmco.com
Fri Aug 19 20:12:50 UTC 2005

Hi,

Has anyone ever seen a cutaway of an HP 5061 CBT? I recently bought a
"Serviceable" 5061A from Gov. Liquidation that turned out to be
nothing but an empty, gutted carcass containing only the CBT and the
time of day clock option.  To add insult to injury, the CBT's leads
had been close-clipped 1/2" away from the tube body.

In order to make some lemonade from a lemon, I'd like to cut open the
CBT outer case to expose the innards as a show-and-tell piece for
time-and-freq presentations at the local ham club and high school
electronics demonstrations.  Any suggestions on where to make the
incisions in the case? Is it worth the trouble? I have a machine shop
that can do the cutting.

Thanks,

Jim
N8ECI