[time-nuts] Low cost synchronization

Mike Ciholas mikec at ciholas.com
Sat Aug 20 21:15:12 UTC 2005

On Sat, 20 Aug 2005, Tom Van Baak wrote:

> This sounds odd to me given that cell phones I've seen can
> display the date & time and they appear to be accurate to a
> second.

In my experience, cell phones are accurate to within a second as
compared to the WWVB sources.  That is more than we need.

> By the way, Mike, have you considered if your battery-operated,
> fob-sized, world-wide, low-cost, synchronization device will be
> allowed through US airports?

What sort of problems would you expect?  It should be no
different than a WWVB wrist watch since that basically the same
internals without the display.  It will look like a harmless
inert key fob, much like RFID key fobs used for keyless entry.

--
Mike Ciholas                            (812) 476-2721 x101
CIHOLAS Enterprises                     (812) 476-2881 fax
255 S. Garvin St, Suite B               mikec at ciholas.com
Evansville, IN 47713                    http://www.ciholas.com