[time-nuts] Motorola SFS-1000

Christopher Hoover ch at murgatroid.com
Mon Aug 29 06:14:41 UTC 2005

time-nuts:

I recently scored a Motorola SFS-1000 Frequency Standard from e-bay for
$7.50 (plus $42 s/h).

The SFS 1000 contains a pair of independent 240VAC/120VAC-12VDC power
supplies (linear, I believe), a pair of seemingly high-quality 5 MHz OXCO's
and a controller board that switches between the oscillators, all in a very
nice 19" rack-mountable enclosure.  There's a backup battery input and alarm
output as well.

The companion distribution box/panel takes the 5MHz output from the main
unit and distributes it to modules that drive 5 bnc outputs each.   The
outputs do not appear to be isolated.

Just FYI.   If you see another one of these units, you may wish to buy it,
if only for parts.

-ch

ch(at)murgatroid(dot)com