[time-nuts] Looking for an HP K34-59991A Linear Phase Comparator

Robert Atkinson robert.atkinson at genetix.com
Wed Dec 7 09:16:28 UTC 2005

Hi,
I've looked at building one of these and it's not quite so trivial to
duplicate. The speed of the logic is important, the original design used
ECL. High speed CMOS may be OK but how do you verify performance? The
original also used an unusual input circuit designed around a
discontinued line receiver IC. This is critical to performance, any
variation in threshold will appear as a phase error. I'm continuing to
prototype a new design and will let you know how I get on.
I've got a manual on PDF if you need it.

Robert G8RPI.