[time-nuts] Leap second to the masses

Rex rexa at sonic.net
Sat Dec 31 07:46:42 UTC 2005

Tonight, local news (ABC Ch7 in the California SF Bay Area) mentioned
the leap second was going to happen. Pretty lame coverage; only about 30
secs of the news. Lots of pictures of reference clocks in racks.
Approximate quote: Some computers or cell phones could have problems,
but nothing to worry about.

I was waiting breathlessly, but not a mention about how the ball in New
York city will deal with it. No mention if they lengthened the pole one
second, or if they will just start it a second late.

I want to go down and smack somebody at the station for missing the
obvious question.