[time-nuts] Perl program for stability analysis available

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Mon Jan 3 02:29:31 UTC 2005

Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

>In message <41D5843B.9010202 at febo.com>, John Ackermann N8UR writes:
>

>>I've put a very preliminary alpha version of a perl program called
>>"stable-stats.pl" up on my website.  You can download it from
>>http://www.febo.com/time-freq/tools/index.html.
>>

>I have a C program I've been using myself for years, if it is any
>use to anybody you are free to grab it:
>
>	http://phk.freebsd.dk/misc/Allan.tgz
>
>It's a batch-mode program and it does most of the algorithms I've found
>useful: allan, modified allan, linear regression, linear drift, FFT
>etc etc.

Hi Poul-Henning --

I got your program to compile under Linux after removing the reference
to floatingpoint.h and commenting out     "fpsetmask(FP_X_UFL);" at
about line 721.  I think I sussed out some of the command line options,
but could you provide a quick usage summary, as I'm not sure I have the
right options and/or data format -- I get ADEV results that don't make
much sense.

Thanks!

John