[time-nuts] FTS4060/S24 Location of E26 Test Point & ConfirmOperation?

Tom Van Baak tvb at leapsecond.com
Fri Jan 7 02:23:20 UTC 2005

Ouch. That's a pretty large frequency error. In your
previous example it looked like it was much less than
0.1 ns / s. Did I misunderstand your earlier results?

No, you can't adjust a frequency error that large with
the C-field. The C-field is intended to make small
corrections for things like changes in ambient
magnetic field or gravitational corrections for altitude
or time scale frequency steering. It's only a 3 digit
thumbwheel with LSD resolution of 2e-14 so the
maximum range is 2e-11.

1 ns / s is OCXO territory.

/tvb