[time-nuts] Input voltage for Zeeman on 5061A

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Sat Jan 22 14:40:08 UTC 2005

Anyone know how much voltage you need to drive the Zeeman input on the
5061A?  I just tried to set mine and found that the maximum output from
my 3325A (3V RMS) was barely enough to see any wiggling at all on the
beam current meter  I have another generator that goes up to 6V and that
got me a bit more, but even then only a few meter divisions between peak
and dip.

Either I need a heftier generator (or maybe an impedance step-up), or
we're back to the question of what is the right Zeeman frequency for an
FTS tube in an HP chassis.

Thanks,

John