[time-nuts] Input voltage for Zeeman on 5061A

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Sat Jan 22 22:07:09 UTC 2005

In message <41F2CBB9.9060407 at febo.com>, John Ackermann N8UR writes:

>By the way -- following up on a posting from Poul-Henning a while ago,
>I've been doing some reading about the Loran Modernization Project and
>it looks like (a) Loran will be around for a while, and (b) it's
>becoming a more useful frequency calibration tool.  They've already
>replaced the old Cs at all LORSTAs with three new 5071As, and there's
>new time/frequency equipment being installed that improves the
>performance in a number of ways, notably replacing the old 20ns step
>adjustments with a more gradual slewing of time.  And, the old
>transmitters are being replaced with solid-state units that should
>improve reliability.

The new timing is done by timing.com (using FreeBSD computers :-)

It seems that the situation is the opposite in Europe: everybody
but the french have announced that they will pull out and close
their Loran-C stations.

I guess we need somebody to jam GPS over Frankfurt airport for a
couple of days before they realize how stupid that is :-(