[time-nuts] Re: 10811 serial numbers

Dave Carlson dgcarlson at sprynet.com
Wed Jun 1 23:31:14 UTC 2005

Well,

You learn something new every day. Since these are the 10811A they are the
first of the model pairs (A/B and D/E) to come out in the 10811 model line.
It is entirely possible that engineering decided to not include the prefix
for those. It's a departure from the standard format for serial numbers from
HP in those days, and I suspect that later the standard format was
re-introduced.

After all, without the prefix, it's pretty hard to pin down the general age
of the product and what changes were present.

Dave Carlson