[time-nuts] Call for input and beta testers -- Simple DistributionAmp/1pps divider

John Miles jmiles at pop.net
Fri Jun 3 21:07:10 UTC 2005

Hi, John --

I'd be potentially interested in the beta program, as I need to upgrade my
current 10 MHz rat's nest.  However... 4 ports are nowhere near enough, and
I think quite a few people will agree with me there.

Right now, my Thunderbolt drives an HP 5345A, HP 5370B, HP 8656A, Tek
492(4)AP, a homebrew synthesizer, a VHF/UHF receiver, and a loose coax cable
to drive whatever is on the workbench at the moment.  That's 7 applications,
and if I had another port, I could probably find a use for it.  Currently I
make do with a 4-way CATV splitter and a couple of BNC tees.

Output level needs to be at least +10 dBm into 50 ohms for the benefit of
some of the pickier "clients" like the 5345A... and not more than about 3V
peak into an open circuit (aka about +20 dBm into 50 ohms).

I (personally) don't have a use for 1 pps, so that feature would probably go
untested.

Houses should come pre-wired for 110V, 220V, CATV, RJ45, Cat6, and 10 MHz!

-- john, KE5FX