[time-nuts] Re: [Do we need something like this ? Part II

Alberto di Bene dibene at usa.net
Mon Jun 13 16:58:25 UTC 2005

Ulrich Bangert wrote:

>What i
>have played around with in the last days is a 32 bit risc controller
>similar a ppc405 in form of a ip core inside a gate array. That would
>lead to kind of SOC solution for the problem and is a interesting
>alternative. Any comments on this?

My purely personal opinion is that the SC12 has the invaluable advantage
of being compatible with the Intel x86 family, and so you can develop
and test code on a PC without the need to buy an expensive emulator
and/or simulator.
I like very much the idea of modifying the increment of the phase
accumulator to steer the output frequency. Will this be an open source
project, or are you planning to go somehow commercial ?

73  Alberto  I2PHD