[time-nuts] HP5372A screen-dumps

Magnus Danielson cfmd at bredband.net
Mon Jun 13 22:52:40 UTC 2005

Hi folks!

As I was scanning the web for stuff about HP5372A (just for fun), I found your
little email list in the form of a question from Poul-Henning Kamp (Hej!)
regarding what to do to get a screen-dump from a HP5372A.

There is basically two strategies:

1) Use the builtin hardcopy function hidden behind the "Print" key (or PRIN
   GPIB command), requiring a HP-IB printer (HP 2225A ThinkJet Printer) in
   Talk Only.

2) Use the builtin hardcopy function hidden behind the "Shift-Print" key (or
   PLOT GPIB command), requiring a HP-IB plotter (HP-GL naturally).

3) Learn the full lovely set of GPIB commands to pull the data out of the
   5372 engine and post-process it and shape it at your own taste.

I do the last one, since the 5372 is lacking the programmer freedom of the 4195
but has a nice engine for its time and I need to measure a number of things the
5372 doesn't do naitively.

Ah well!

OK, so after that a quick little introduction then. OK, I'll better admitt that
I've got a touch of the time-nut sickness too. I keep a R&S Rubidium clock
running and it seems OK. I also has the reference clock of an AXE-10 PBX
sitting there. No GPS clock currently, but I really would like to lock up the
Rubidium or one of the ovens to the GPS in lack of better source. No Cs or H
yeat. ;( A few counters and other odd bits.

Cheers,
Magnus