[time-nuts] HP5372A screen-dumps

Magnus Danielson cfmd at bredband.net
Mon Jun 13 23:26:06 UTC 2005

From: "John Miles" <jmiles at pop.net>
Subject: RE: [time-nuts] HP5372A screen-dumps
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 16:22:18 -0700

> Yep, I wish I had done the whole thing in OpenGL, rather than my homebrew
> 15,000-lines-of-assembly Windows graphics library.  Then it'd just need a
> recompile against the National Instruments Linux drivers to work. :(

Indeed. There is a Linux-GPIB project and we are using their stuff at work.
Personally I think that the interface is *old* and I much more prefer the
VXI-11 RPC based interface. Well thought trough interface and it didn't take me
ages to get up and running altought I was cheating alot. I am expanding on my
VXI-11 hack so that eventually I might have a fully compliant server and client
with the server sitting ontop of the Linux-GPIB stuff.

Cheers,
Magnus