[time-nuts] glossa7 being whiney on eBay...

David Andersen dga+ at cs.cmu.edu
Tue Jun 14 22:12:10 UTC 2005

On Jun 14, 2005, at 6:04 PM, Jim Miller wrote:

> On Jun 14, 2005, at 5:33 PM, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
>
>> "Special for TIME-NUTS complainers, I will sell some at this price.
>> RUBIDIUM FREQUENCY STANDARD FROM STANFORD RESEARCH SYSTEMS PRS10,
>> Power up with an input of 24 Volts DC. It has an output [...]"
>
> Hi,
> I guess I'm missing the context... why would this seller have a beef
> with the time-nuts? Seems like a fair (albeit not spectacular) price
> for used rubidiums.

Depends which complaining he's referring to.  I was "complaining" a
month or two ago that glossa7 knows the value of his products and
prices them at a reasonable, but not great, price:

http://www.mail-archive.com/time-nuts@febo.com/msg00307.html

There was one followup that said something about his not providing
programming assistance with a standard someone purchased, which could
be the other complaint.

That said, my complaint was a bit tongue-in-cheek.  While I wish people
would sell PRS10s for $50, I don't really expect it to happen in a
semi-rational market. :)

   -Dave