[time-nuts] Symmetricom 5071A

Dave Carlson dgcarlson at sprynet.com
Mon Jun 27 02:56:36 UTC 2005

Hello Magnus,

Your question:

"Or, to put it in another form, do you know where the HP/Agilent tubes are
actually made (I.he. not the total clock assembly)?"

Since the early 1970s made in Santa Clara CA, corner of Stevens Creek Blvd
and Lawrence Expressway, at the site once owned by HP and later by Agilent.
Before that they were made by HP in Palo Alto, Ca.

Never has Symmetricom or any other CBT manufacturer made CBTs for HP or
Agilent. HP/Agilent always made
their own.

Other CBT manufacturers have made a CBT that could be retrofitted into a
5061A/B Cesium Beam Frequency Standard, but not the 5071a.

           Dave Carlson

Message -----