[time-nuts] Museum of HP Clocks

Chuck Harris cfharris at erols.com
Mon Mar 7 13:21:59 UTC 2005

We need to be careful, this could quite easily get into a Carly
bash fest ;-)  I'm sure that I could supply plenty of invective to help
that along!  My HP stock losses under Carly are permanent.

Be thankful that she was ousted before HP went on the auction block,
rather than after.

I would include Agilent's name in the listing, but it seems rather
sacrilegious to put it just under that name. (Personally, I would have
put the computer and imaging division under DEC's name, but that is
just me with my PDP8 in the basement.)

I agree with Brooke that the grouping should be modified.  There is
too much overlap.  I am in a quandary, though about what to do with
standards that have clocks on the front panel.  Perhaps they should
go in both groups?

The real question is how did Tom get his wife to allow him to stack
2000 pounds of HP gear on her unprotected hardwood floor?

-Chuck Harris