[time-nuts] How close can you trim a Cs?

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Thu Mar 10 00:51:00 UTC 2005

Tom Van Baak wrote:

>3) There's a lesson from the timing labs - they do
>not typically adjust their C-fields at all. Instead they
>adjust phase or frequency using *external* phase
>micro-steppers or simply by *post-processing* the
>raw phase data from their counters.

Tom, thanks for the always helpful information.  I may come back on to ask some further questions about your other points (although they are pretty self-explanatory) but wanted to follow up on this point.

I've known about microsteppers for a while, but I've never seen one on
eBay or anywhere else that I hang out.  Are they possible to find
without special connections in the T&F field?  What brands/models are
good to look for?  Sounds like a very interesting gadget to play with,
if I could find one.

Thanks,

John