[time-nuts] March is 20 dB month for WWVB

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Sat Mar 12 16:16:01 UTC 2005

Hi:

Just a note to say WWVB will be using a 20 dB depth of modulation for this month.  I think this would be good for time code receivers, like are used in wall clocks ("Atomic Clocks"), but may or may not be so good for phase tracking receivers like the HP 117.

http://www.boulder.nist.gov/timefreq/stations/wwvboutages.htm

If you have a phase tracking WWVB receiver you might want to see how it's working this month.  My Ultralink receiver may be having more difficulty than before, but that may just be my memory.

Have Fun,

Brooke Clake, N6GCE

--
w/Java http://www.PRC68.com