[time-nuts] frs-c rubidium osc.

george george_margetts at nss.net
Thu Mar 17 01:32:56 UTC 2005

Oops I have I little more info Yes external power is pure and stable.
I've monitored my efc with analogue vtvm at 8 volts the manual states
normal efc range to be 4 to 8 volts I'm wondering if the quartz osc has
aged near the limit of normal efc range. However upon power up I see the
efc slew from 12 down to 1 volt then back to 12 and lock on the second
sweep at 8 volts every time which almost seems premature. Unit always
locks at about 2 minutes.
My external frequency adjust wiper is at .675 volts.
I think my unit has minor problems other than ambient temp allthough at
around or above 91.9 f it becomes very stable +/- 50 nanoseconds over
several hours..