[time-nuts] Re: Strange effect with C-Field change

Alberto di Bene dibene at usa.net
Fri Mar 25 10:27:34 UTC 2005

     That's a good hypothesis, but given how long this system (same
     receiver and antenna) has been running without ever encountering
     something like this makes me doubt it's a GPS anomaly, or at least
     a local one.  A long history has shown that this receiver/antenna
     very seldom loses lock, and the only strong transmitters nearby are
     in my hamshack, and were shut down while I was out of town.

   I traced in the past some losses of lock of my Z3801 to birds resting
   on the GPS antenna on the roof...
   After taking some simple mechanical countermeasures, the problem
   disappeared.
   73  Alberto  I2PHD