[time-nuts] Accessories for Synergy GPS unit.

David Kirkby david.kirkby at onetel.net
Fri May 27 16:25:57 UTC 2005

Hi,
I am thinking of purchasing the Synergy SymPaQ/III GPS unit,

http://www.synergy-gps.com/SynPaQ_IIIDataSheet.pdf

which will be fitted with a Motorola MT12+ GPS unit. I just phoned and
got some prices.

The basic unit is $295, plus $33 for an antenna. A kit is $600 - quite a
difference, so I don't wish to buy a kit.

1) Do I need the software, or are there any freebie equivalents?

(I don't suppose some of you would be surprised to know I'd like
open-source software that could be compiled on my Sun, but I guess that
is asking too much!!! However, if I ever write any, I'll make it
available).

2) Are any of the accessories, such as cables, or whatever else is in
the kit worth having? My guess is not, since I will be putting this in a
box with power supply, rubidium, backup batteries etc. I will only run
the RS232 to a another RS232 socket on the back of the frequency standard.

Just wondering if any of the cables are odd, with odd connectors, that I
might have a problem with. I don't think there are.

I just wanted to check, before placing the order. Shipping is expensive
to the UK, so don't wish to miss anything, but I have spent quite a bit
on this project recently, so want to keep costs as low as possible.

--
David Kirkby,
G8WRB

Please check out http://www.g8wrb.org/