[time-nuts] 5071 Firmware info

Dave Carlson dgcarlson at sprynet.com
Fri Oct 21 07:04:19 UTC 2005

Raymond,

None of the FW upgrades have any effect on the stability or accuracy of the
5071A. So you're correct. However each revision has had some minor change in
the way the health monitor detects and reacts to different possible error
and non-error events. Each new CBT that is shipped out has a set of the
latest ROMS included as an encouragement to upgrade at that time.

The most recent FW change was simply to remove "Agilent" and insert
"Symmetricom"  into the ID string. Certainly no reason to interrupt a
working primary standard just for the upgrade.

Dave Carlson