[time-nuts] RE: phase locking Rb to GPS

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Sun Oct 23 18:29:07 UTC 2005

Hi Richard:

It's my understanding that this optimization can be done by changing the
oscillator power level at the crystal.

In the case of the 32768 Hz watch crystal, it must be run a very low
power and it has a very low aging rate when compared to higher frequency
crystals that are typically run at higher power levels.  I think this is
related to the crystal throwing off atoms, so more power means more
acceleration and more atoms thrown off.

Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke, N6GCE

--