[time-nuts] Oscillator and Synthesizer (and Analyzer) Specs

John Miles jmiles at pop.net
Sat Sep 3 19:47:23 UTC 2005

Cool stuff.  I have been trying to gather some similar figures for various
spectrum analyzers, in the form of baseline plots that show the analyzers'
response to sources that are much cleaner than their own LO subsystems.   I
have been including noise plot files for all of the analyzers that have been
tested to date in my homebrew noise-measurement software package (
http://www.speakeasy.org/~jmiles1/ke5fx/pn.htm ).

These baseline plots are useful because they illustrate which analyzer
models are capable of direct noise measurement at various quality levels and
carrier offsets.

I'd like to hear from anyone on the list who has access to an HP
8560A-series analyzer with a National Instruments GPIB interface and a
Windows PC; that's the most conspicuous blank spot in my "collection" so
far.

-- john, KE5FX