[time-nuts] 5370A/B Problems

David Forbes dforbes at dakotacom.net
Tue Sep 13 03:53:28 UTC 2005

At 9:58 PM -0400 9/12/05, xaos wrote:

>The 5370B's were much worse off.
>It seems that they both suffer from failures
>in the U24,25,26 chips on the Arming board.

How did you determine this?

>Unfortunately, the two units are not identical
>and I cannot cannibalize one to fix the other.
>
>What I can do is use some chips from the 5370A
>to fix the older model 5370B.

These EECL chips are indeed odd beasts. No data via Google; not in
the Motorola book from 1980; I'd guess that this is a completely
in-house logic family.

The Agilent website informs that this chip 5088-7082 was also used in
the 5345A counter which is less desirable and more common (and
cheaper).

>So(at last) my question is:
>
>Should I do this?

No. Buy a 5345A to cannibalize. They sell for under $50 on ebay.

--

--David Forbes, Tucson, AZ
http://www.cathodecorner.com/