[time-nuts] 5370A/B Problems

Brian Kirby kirbybq at bellsouth.net
Tue Sep 13 16:57:10 UTC 2005

NASA used ECL in a 50 Mb Stat Mux back in the Skylab days.  The muxes
were in use until about 5 years ago.  These muxes had 4 channels and
could be run from 0-48 MB on the channels.  These units were large,
about 3 feet tall by 19 inch rack, and there were muffin fan blowers on
both ends - like 12 to an end.  They were a pain to troubleshoot, as you
could only power them on, with the cover on - so the blowers would cool it.