[time-nuts] Message from Dave Cunningham

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Tue Sep 13 23:24:16 UTC 2005

Forwarded from dcunningham at agilent.com, who's not a list subscriber:

----
Thanks, Magnus.  A couple of quick notes for you, and I'll also be posting a more comprehensive explanation on the group site in the next few days.

1) I can take requests, but that doesn't mean I'll easily be able to find a manual if I don't have the file already.  It does give me more reason to look for that specific product, which is good.  I also have many files that aren't on the Agilent site, and won't be for a while.  I'm building an FTP site where I can post those manuals temporarily until I have time to load them onto our site, and that should help.  I'll put everything there, and I'll also have a way for people to send me manuals they have.
2) I did review BAMA and many other sites for the top 200 manuals I was looking for.  I don't look there for everything--I just don't have time.  If someone finds a manual there, however, and then sends it to me, I'll be happy to use it.  That assumes, of course, that the quality is ok....
3) Finally, I'd love to help with HP Journal, but like with the 1000s of manuals we don't have, I'm time-limited on what I can do even with manuals.  I can definitely post things like this to the FTP site, and we're just going to have to find out together how things work from there.  The more the HP_Agilent group and others like them help me, the more I can share--that will be a big help!

Magnus, let me know what manuals you're looking for, and I'll let you know what I've got.  Thanks for pushing me to consider more things--I'm glad this effort seems to be making a difference for you.

Dave

Dave Cunningham
Agilent EPSG eBusiness
dcunningham at agilent.com