[time-nuts] Fw: HP 105 powersupply problems

buehl buehl at superlink.net
Tue Apr 4 12:26:12 UTC 2006

Hello everyone:

Another method is to apply power for only 2-3 seconds; Much safer for
switching supplies than low voltage.  This charges up the capacitors; If
capacitors are leaking, there is no source of current to cause overheating
or other failure modes.  The charge which remains on caps allows
electrolytic barrier to "re-form".  Repeat this a dozen times over the
course of a day.

Tom Buehl