[time-nuts] GPS Antenna (50ohm) and Satelite Splitters and Amps(75ohm)

Don Mimlitch donmeis at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 17 00:09:09 UTC 2006

I want to split my best 5 Volt GPS Antenna among several Time Standards Systems (some 5VDC and some 12VDC).
I can get inexpensive Satelite Splitters (2GHz) from Radio Shack or Monster makes a 4GHz Splitter. These splitters are 75 Ohm but my Antenna and Receivers are 50 Ohm.
My question is how much of a problem is this? Should I use 75 Ohm Coax on either side? Is there a circuit to correct any problems?
I can also get a Radio Shack InLine Satelite Amplifier. Again 75 Ohm. Any other problems here?

Thanks for any Help or Advice,
Don Mimlitch
donmeis at yahoo.com