[time-nuts] Loran - any good for timekeeping?

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Fri Apr 21 20:59:05 UTC 2006

Hi John:

Setting the 2100T is really a two step process.  After  you have done
all the setup possible and then connect you house 1 PPS and put in a
phony TOC that's say 10 seconds ahead, then at the TOC the 2100T will
sync it's 1 PPS output (you will get a red error light).  You need to do
this to get the seconds ticking with UTC.  Then you can set the time so
it ticks over on the UTC second edge.  Then do a real TOC sync.
More at:
http://www.pacificsites.com/~brooke/A2100F.shtml#2100T

Have Fun,

Brooke