[time-nuts] M12+ phase jump?

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Mon Apr 24 09:44:55 UTC 2006

>This suggests to me that the M12+T output might be exhibiting two phase
>jumps each day, one positive and one negative.

Based on my experience, I would expect these jumps to happen when
some satelite appears and/or disappears from view.

If you manage to catch it in the act, hold it up against the @Bb
output to see which satellites are nead the mask angle and/or horizon
at the time.  Also check the sigma-1 estimate around the event.

If you have a grazing reflection near the horizon, you may see the
receiver latch onto the reflected signal, and then when the satelite
comes into direct view, it will loose it, then recapture it and your
step will happen here.

Poul-Henning