[time-nuts] Efratom FRK-L pinout?

Ulrich Bangert df6jb at ulrich-bangert.de
Wed Apr 26 12:10:45 UTC 2006

Ok Peter,

mine has the 3-row-connector too. Look at the connector in way so that
the connector as a whole is located at the LOWER side of the backplane.
The pinning that i use (got it from Lehman Scientific, where i bought
the FRK-L) is:

Lower row, pins counted from left to right:

1 -> 10 MHz rf out
2 -> GND return for rf out
3 -> GND 24 V power supply
4 -> + 24 V power supply
5 -> Resonance lock indicator
6 -> RB lamp voltage
7 -> not used

Middle row: not used at all

Upper row, pins counted from left to right:

1 -> not used
2 -> not used
3 -> not used
4 -> not used
5 -> not used
6 -> XTAL control voltage
7 -> not used

The RB Lamp voltage as well as the XTAL control voltage is measured
against power GND. The resonance lock indicator is a open collector
output capable of switching max. 50 mA. Max voltage at that pin is 70 V.
The suggested use of this pin is to switch a led which's anode is
connected to +24 V over 2k2 Ohms to gnd in case of lock.

If you supply your email address i can supply you the operating &
maintainance manual as pdf, abt. 5M bytes.

73 de Ulrich, DF6JB