[time-nuts] UPS packing and shipment

Didier Juges didier at cox.net
Sun Apr 30 17:16:08 UTC 2006

I have shipped a number of heavy and fragile items via the local UPS
stores (there were 2 local stores here, now down to one). I have always
let them pack the heavy items (and paid for the service). They do a good
job and I have sold a number of scopes and other heavy instruments
(spectrum analyzers) that way with no damage ever reported. One 466
scope that went to Columbia I packed myself using the UPS technique but
twice (double boxed) and shipped USPS because UPS is such a pain with
international shipments. No damage either. After getting friendly with
the UPS store lady, she now lets me help with the packing operation and
I get a discount on the cost. I can make extra sure the item is well
packed that way and save a few $ (and save time).

YMMV

Didier KO4BB