[time-nuts] Turning off PPS when not enough satellites

Ulrich Bangert df6jb at ulrich-bangert.de
Tue Aug 1 08:56:36 UTC 2006

Hal,

in general, all receivers that claim to have TRAIM have this feature.
TRAIM stands for "Time- Receiver Autonomous Integrity Monitoring". The
garmin does not have TRAIM because it is no time receiver at all even it
produces a pps. Note that any gps receiver can not be really good for
timing and navigation at the same time, so all navigation receivers make
bad timing receivers.

Regards
Ulrich Bangert