[time-nuts] Software for Prologix USB GPIB interface

Ulrich Bangert df6jb at ulrich-bangert.de
Wed Aug 2 17:58:56 UTC 2006

Hello Jose,

nice to hear you can take some advantage from using the utility. I own a
HP5370A myself and it works ok with the software. The front panel is
completely "self explaining" concerning GPIB. Have a look to the left
area. Using

const HP5370 = 3;

ezgpib_BusWriteData(HP5370,'FN3');

you select the FuNction area. "3" means the third knob in the FuNction
area, counting from left to right and from top to bottom. So "FN3"
stands for "Frequency measurement". Pretty much the same for all knobs.

ezgpib_BusWriteData(HP5370,'GT4');

will be the 4th knob in the GaTe area, meaning a gate time of 1s. Other
equipment may be more complicated to use but in general you don't need
to know much about GPIB itself but only about the device-specific codes.

Don't overlook the PLOTTER utility, it is kind of "poor man's Stable32".

Best regards
Ulrich, DF6JB